Follow these general guidelines when measuring your windows for blinds. (You may wish to print this out)
- Use a metal tape - not a cloth tape which will stretch.
- Accurate measurements are essential to the nearest 1/8" (3mm).
- We accept metric or imperial dimensions.
- Plan to position the blind to avoid window handles, locks or any other obstructions.
- Allow for the thickness of any tiles which are planned in an undecorated recess.
- Allow for any floor covering which is to be fitted.
- Please note that the manufacturer cannot be held responsible where inaccurate measurements are supplied.
- If you are measuring more than one set of windows, you may wish to print out the order form and fill it in as you go along.
Firstly decide whether to fit your blind inside or outside the window recess. You must ensure there is enough space for the blind to operate freely allowing for handles or other obstructions.
- Measure the width (w) at the top of the recess.
- Measure the drop (d) in three places and note the smallest dimension. (Operating clearances will be allowed for during manufacture).
- You will require top fix brackets to fix into the top of the recess.
- Measure the width (w) all the way down the recess taking note of if you have tiles. Give the smallest measurement.
- Measure the drop (d) in three places and note the largest dimension. (Operating clearances will be allowed for during manufacture).
- Brackets supplied are suitable for face or top fix.
VERTICAL & VENETIAN BLINDS
- Decide how much you want to overlap the recess at the sides, top and bottom. Suggested overlap is 3"/75mm for each edge.
- Add this to the recess size to obtain width (w) and drop (d)
- You will require face fix brackets to fix outside a recess.