The popularity in using juice cleanses for detoxification and weight loss is still growing. The reason being is it is a super easy way to lose weight and to detox and cleanse your body’s systems all at the same time.
The only problem is that there are so many Juice detox diet plans that it is hard to figure out which one is the right one for you. The fact is you don’t want to do a juice cleanse without some kind of directions to follow.
But the question is why Juice Cleanses? Why are regular people and celebrities alike endorsing this type of weight loss? The reason is Juice Cleansing is
- Convenient-No Need to attend meetings or classes. You can find Juice Detox Diet Plans on the internet to follow right from home.
- Easy-anyone can use juice cleanses to lose weight and improve their health. All you need is a plan, a juicer, ingredients and the right mind set and you are good to go.
- Effective-you will definitely lose weight and cleanse your system of unwanted debris also called toxins.
Benefits Of Doing Juice Cleanses
There are many benefits of juicing, weight loss being the big one. But beyond losing weight you will experience many other wonderful symptoms. Juicecleansehub.com listed the following benefits:
~You won’t feel hungry! This was one of my greatest fears, and I thought it would sabotage my juicing plans. I never once felt hungry and even had trouble consuming all the juice I needed.
~Weight Loss is guaranteed. The question is how much do you need to lose, and your body regulates it on auto pilot. Watch your body’s innate intelligence at work! You need not fear emaciation if you only have a small amount of weight to lose. Your body regulates itself during a juice cleanse.
~Affordable and cost effective. While there are many gadgets that can be fun to use, all you really need is a good juicer and then your daily supply of vegetables and fruits. The biggest investment is in the juicer, but that is a machine that will serve you for many years to come. Although the price of produce varies from area to area, I was able to juice effectively for +/- US$10 per day, with a mix of organic and non-organic produce. I was spending more than that on my fast food addiction, so one of the greatest juicing benefits for me was saving money on food.
~Juice Cleanses Health benefits. This is not an all-inclusive list, but everything mentioned here was experienced by me, my mother or
someone I know or trust.
Weight loss, ability to sleep, healthy blood pressure and cholesterol numbers, renewed focus and concentration, improved memory, healthy skin (acne, rashes, itches, etc. reduced or eliminated), detox of vital organs, elimination of diarrhea, constipation, irritable bowel, regulated menstrual cycle, loss of aches/pains in joints and phantom pains in the body, clearer eyesight, disappearance of sleep apnea symptoms, no more acid reflux, stomach pain, no headaches.
There are reports of people with much more serious health problems such as cancer and diabetes who – under medical supervision – have used juicing benefits to wean themselves off medication and reclaim health they haven’t experienced in years.
If you are addicted to coffee, alcohol, drugs, cigarettes or fast food, you may experience detox symptoms for a day or two while your body adjusts. These can be headaches, lower back ache, skin eruptions, sinus drips, cravings, etc. This is a sign that juicing has kicked in and detox will disappear after your body kicks up a storm, demanding a ‘fix’. You need willpower and determination to stay on track. Hang in there, it gets better really fast and you will feel a new level of self-satisfaction.
There is just no denying that there is something to Juice cleanses. You may have to deal with some minor detox symptoms. We found this great post and points on how to avoid most detox withdrawl symptoms on doctoroz.com
- Make sure you drink at least six to eight glasses of filtered water daily. Stay away from plastic bottles, but glass bottles are okay.
- To prevent headaches, make sure your bowels are clean.
- Fatigue is normal during a cleanse, so allow more time for rest and sleep. To boost energy, exercise for 30 minutes a day. Walking outside in the fresh air is best. Roll up those sleeves and let the sun hit you with some vitamin D too!
- Take 1000mg buffered vitamin C with breakfast and dinner. Take 300mg magnesium citrate at dinner.
- Don’t wait till you are starving to eat! Balance your blood sugar by eating protein-based meals and snacks every 3-4 hours. Excellent sources of protein are baked or broiled fish, lean poultry, and legumes, such as edamame or black beans.
- Heat is a great resource while cleansing as it helps draw out the toxins from within. Try a sauna or a warm bath with epsom salts for 20 minutes a few times per week.
While safe, these types of cleanses can still be stressful on the body and mind so remember to relax. Actively engaging your parasympathetic nervous system helps restore your energy, which your body needs to replenish itself. Meditation, deep breathing or any calming activity is good.
If you do experience anything uncomfortable just keep a journal and keep track of any symptoms you may experience. If after 3-7 days things are not any better you should really check with your doctor..
If you decide to try a detox diet we wish you the Best of luck with your juice cleanses
Filed under: Juicing For Weight Loss
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!